Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great way to cook salmon fillets.
- vegetable oil, for the pan
- four 6 oz. salmon fillet (skin on or skinless)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 leek, sliced (white part only)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup dry vermouth
- Preheat the oven to 325*. Lightly oil a glass or ceramic baking dish. Pat the salmon dry, place in the prepared dish ( being careful that the fillets do not touch each other) and season lightly with salt.
- Place 1 sprig of dill on top of each fillet. Place the leek and celery slices and the bay leaf bits between the salmon fillets and pour the wine over the top.
- Cover the dish tightly. Roast (or oven poach) the salmon until cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Transfer the dish to a wire rack, carefully unwrap the dish and set aside to cool slightly.