Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love poached quinces and this is a very simple method.
- 1 3⁄4 liters water
- 1 kg caster sugar
- 2 kg quinces
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Put water and caster sugar in saucepan and heat stirring frequently until sugar dissolves.
- Peel quinces, core and cut into thick slices.
- Put in single layer in baking dish.
- Scatter cinamon sticks and ginger on top.
- Pout sugar syrup over.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake 2 hours.