Recipe by Julesong
This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs de-boned halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh tomato, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wipe each fillet with paper towel, then cut in half lengthwise and roll up each piece.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the chicken broth or wine, garlic, tarrogon basil, Dijon mustard, tomatoes, and sugar; saute for 10 minutes.
- (Microwave method: place the butter in a 9 inch microwave safe pie plate and melt at high for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth or white wine, garlic, tarragon or basil, Dijon mustard, tomatoes and sugar. Cover and cook 5 minutes at high. Stir well.)
- Butter a baking dish (one with a cover) and place the fish rolls side by side in the dish, the pour the sauce over.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- (Microwave method: Place the fish rolls side by side in the dish and baste with the sauce. Cook 8 minutes at medium high basting with juice halfway throug the cooking.)
- Remove the fish with a perforated spoon and place it in a warm serving dish.
- Pour the sauce from the baking dish into a saucepan and add the cream and paprika; stir and simmer over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- (Microwave method: to the sauce remaining in the cooking dish, add the cream and paprika; stir, and cook 2 minutes at high, stirring once.)
- Pour over the fish and serve.