Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This casserole is the best! Made it with Versatile Biscuits Easy (But Super Good) Tomato Sauce and can't put it down... and its vegetarian! Don't hesitate to add your favorite veggies too, it is that good! AND for all you vegans, just use vegan cheese and you're set! YOU KNOW IT, GIRL!!
- 26 ounces pasta sauce tomato sauce (I used Easy (But Super Good)
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄2 lb of vegan ground sausage (like Gimme Lean..its what I used)
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare penne as package requires, drain. In large bowl, combine cooked pasta, vegan sausage, sauce, and 1 cup of cheese. Pour all ingredients into a greased 2-1/2 quart shallow baking dish and cover. Bake 30 minutes or until it is bubbling. Uncover, top with remaining cheese and bake for another 8 minutes. Dig in & don't forget to refrigerate any left overs!
OH MY SUPER YUMMY!!!! I made as directed, I did forget to put extra cheese in the mix but I just put it all on top. SO GOOD! This one I will be making again for sure!! Made for Spring PAC 2012