Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Serve with crisp fried chicken and tossed green salad with Italian dressing.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, with their juices, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fusilli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, garlic, and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper; simmer about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart lightly greased casserole.
- Add in fusilli and fontina; mix well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan; bake in a 350° oven, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until bubbly.