Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are few things that are simpler to make than an oven pancake, but my oven pancakes always, always failed. Either they were undercooked, or dry, or burnt around the edges *yet* undercooked in the middle. I couldn't make an oven pancake to save my life, people. Until I discovered this recipe! I only made it because I had heavy cream that needed using, was feeling lazy so didn't want to make anything complicated, and was fully prepared to fail. But, lo and behold, a perfect, soft and fluffy pancake emerged from my oven! So simple, so good, so... successful! Load on the whipped cream and strawberries and enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 225°C Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly whip eggs: add milk, cream, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt, whip to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking powder. Gradually add the flour mixture into the milk mixture, whisking continuously to avoid lumps from forming.
- Add melted butter, stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. (This pancake does not puff up like many other recipes, so expect it to cook quite flat).
- Serve warm with sugar, syrup, berries and whipped cream, chocolate sauce -- or whatever you fancy!