Recipe by Ever
An easy recipe that is a favorite in our household. Found in a cookbook put out by the Canadian Legion and adapted to our tastes.
Top Review by Newbie chef Melissa
This was really good...not quite 5 star worthy but wish I could give it a 4.5 ... Good flavor, but just seemed like a pile of meat and onion on our plate. I think next time I will slice the onions much smaller and then maybe pull the beef apart and put on bread and use for bbq beef sandwiches. Again, taste was good, just seemed kinda incomplete sitting on the plate.
- 2 -3 lbs stewing beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 2 -3 yellow onions (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Or more)
- 1⁄4 ounce onion soup mix (Use as much as desired for flavor)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Beef if desired (but not necessary).
- Place in casserole dish or slow cooker along with chopped onions.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over meat/onion mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- If using slow cooker, set on low and cook for 6 hours.
- This recipe makes lots of tasty sauce which is good over mashed potatoes.