Recipe by Color Guard Mom
Before I forget what I did, I'm posting it here. These are a mix of a couple different recipes already posted on Zaar. Thank you!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I took Luvcookns advice and dredged the onion slices in flour first, and also refrigerated for half an hour before baking. I didn't get a perfect coating, but it was quite good, certainly very tasty! I didn't split my onions into thin rings, so I had onion slices, really, which were extremely popular, I gave them to the family to snack on during sports on tv, and they just..vanished! I could have made three times as many! I will certainly make these again, either as a snack or a vegetable, very little effort and very much enjoyed!
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn flake crumbs, seasoned bread crumbs and black pepper in one bowl.
- Mix 1 egg and fat free milk in another bowl, whisk with fork.
- Dip sliced onion ring into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on greased (with Pam spray) baking sheet.
- Once all onion rings have been coated, spray with Pam Spray covering all the rings.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.