Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really nice to make for a large family gathering or brunch with friends. Very tasty! You can prepare ahead, cover and refrigerate, but no longer than 24 hours.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 18 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, diced (optional)
- Heat butter in baking dish, 13" x 9" x 2" inches, in 325° oven until melted.
- Tilt dish to coat bottom with melted butter.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, milk and salt in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Stir in cheeses, green pepper, green onion and pimiento.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Cook uncovered until omelet is set but still moist, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares and garnish with additional pimiento or green pepper.
- Note: After pouring into baking dish, you can cover and refrigerate, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Cook uncovered in 325° oven 40 to 55 minutes.
- You can also use low fat milk, sour cream, margarine and cheeses for a lower fat version.
Very good recipe. I added some dry mustard, shredded prisuitto, sliced mushrooms and shredded FRESH basil. UMMMMM good. This is easy to make the night before. Serve with fresh fruit, scredrivers and bloody marys for a super brunch.