Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The most simple omelet you could ever make. My mom gave me this recipe when I moved out. I use it at least 1x a week. My roommates LOVE it!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese (whatever you have in your fridge)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion or 1 tablespoon fresh onion, if you prefer
- salt and pepper
- Whip eggs and milk together. Add in rest of ingredients.
- Pour into round casserole dish --> or pie dish.
- Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Can also add meats like bacon, sausage, or ham. Also chopped tomatoes are good in this recipe --> just make sure you take all the gunk out (seeds). Asparagus lovers just chop and throw in, mighty tasty.
- Many different variations to this recipe.
Yummy and Easy! I made this as directed with the addition of about 4 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon. I cooked mine for about 28 minutes, until the top no longer jiggled. I made mine in a buttered glass pie pan. The omelet seemed slightly wet but it was very tasty. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! Will make again.
Mine did take longer to cook about 45 min-I omitted the shrooms and added ham. I placed these ingredients in a container, in the fridge overnight and poured into a greased 8x8 pan when ready to bake. I'm thinking it took a longer cook was due to the moisture in the ham. This was VERY tasy indeed.
We had this with french toast for sunday morning breakfast, added a little more cheese and some pre-cooked sausage links, and left out the peppers and mushrooms just on prefrence. A Regular pie pan was a little too small for this and we did not have a deep dish or round caserole so we used a 8x8 square and it still turned out perfect :) Easy easy way to have an Omelet! Update: A little note, if you get any brilliant or not so brilliant ideas to make extra just because you have only three eggs left, and put it in the same size pan, expect a longggerr cook time! :) :D This is still a favorite way to make eggs :)