Recipe by Terdinski
The most simple omelet you could ever make. My mom gave me this recipe when I moved out. I use it at least 1x a week. My roommates LOVE it!
Top Review by Virginia Cherry Blossom
Yummy and Easy! I made this as directed with the addition of about 4 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon. I cooked mine for about 28 minutes, until the top no longer jiggled. I made mine in a buttered glass pie pan. The omelet seemed slightly wet but it was very tasty. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! Will make again.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese (whatever you have in your fridge)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion or 1 tablespoon fresh onion, if you prefer
- salt and pepper
- Whip eggs and milk together. Add in rest of ingredients.
- Pour into round casserole dish --> or pie dish.
- Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Can also add meats like bacon, sausage, or ham. Also chopped tomatoes are good in this recipe --> just make sure you take all the gunk out (seeds). Asparagus lovers just chop and throw in, mighty tasty.
- Many different variations to this recipe.