Recipe by sassiecassie7
My mother used to make this, its quite affordable, and really comforting....goes exceptionally well with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Tammie M.
These have been a family favorite for many years. But... The kitchen seasoning I'm not sure about. I use salt, pepper and garlic powder. The flour and cracker isn't necessary when using rice as binder. The ground beef should be 80% and once rolled into balls. Should be browned in skillet to help release some of the grease it holds. I've also broiled them in the oven with separating pan so they aren't sitting in the grease then drop them in to the pot with the mushroom gravy mix. Served with mash potatoes and bacon fried green beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice or 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can water
- 1 (8 ounce) can milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the meatball ingredients (listed at the top) and form 2.5-3 inch meatballs. put them in an oven acceptable baking dish.
- Pour the mushroom soup into a pan, use the soup can to measure out 1/2 can of water, and 1 can of milk.
- Put the water and milk in the saucepan.
- Stir these three ingredients over medium heat, until all the lumps are out, and the gravy is smooth.
- Pour the gravy over the meatballs,
- cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook the meatballs at 350 degrees for one hour (depending on your oven, you might want to break one open to assure its done)
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies!