Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother used to make this, its quite affordable, and really comforting....goes exceptionally well with mashed potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice or 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can water
- 1 (8 ounce) can milk
- Mix together the meatball ingredients (listed at the top) and form 2.5-3 inch meatballs. put them in an oven acceptable baking dish.
- Pour the mushroom soup into a pan, use the soup can to measure out 1/2 can of water, and 1 can of milk.
- Put the water and milk in the saucepan.
- Stir these three ingredients over medium heat, until all the lumps are out, and the gravy is smooth.
- Pour the gravy over the meatballs,
- cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook the meatballs at 350 degrees for one hour (depending on your oven, you might want to break one open to assure its done)
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies!
Made this for supper tonight & was NOT disappointed. This is true comfort food. Didn't have any crackers, so used cracker meal instead...also added some Gravy Master to the gravy. Will most definitely be making this again...THANKS for sharing!!! :P
A really great comfort food meal. I will admit that I made my own meatball recipe - and used ground turkey, but they turned out great in the sauce. And I made mashed potatoes to go with them and you were right in saying it's an excellent combination. Thanks.