Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made this last night after watching Tyler's Ultimate. I just changed it up a little bit. These are so incredibly tender and moist. I served with plain white rice, vegetable and garlic bread.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces French bread, with crust removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 yellow onion, diced (I use a small onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- olive oil (for frying, enough to come to the half-point of the meatball)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cube french bread and soak in milk about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Crumble meat in large bowl and add eggs, onion, garlic Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze milk out of bread and crumble bread into meat mixture.
- Mix well.
- Shape into balls and roll in bread crumbs.
- In dutch oven, heat olive oil.
- Brown meatballs in batches, turning to brown all sides.
- After browning, drain off all but about 1 tbsp oil and add butter and beef broth to pot.
- Add meatballs back in.
- Cover and bake in a 350 oven for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- When meatballs are done-- remove to platter and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch to the beef broth (I pour about 1/2 cup of broth into measuring cup and add the cornstarch, then pour back into pot).
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring until thickened for gravy.
- Serve over meatballs.
These are great! I used a mixture of oregano, thyme and parsley, I don't have Italian seasoning, and served with white rice, it would be good with egg noodles too! I will definatly make this again! Thanks for a great recipe!