Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick side dish or vegetarian meal. Recipe from A Campbell Cookbook - Cooking With Soup sent to me by mikekey, my spring 2009 cookbook swap partner.
- 11 ounces tomato bisque soup, preferably Campbells
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked, spiral shaped
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- In a 1 quart casserole dish blend together soup, water, cheese, and seasoning. Gently stir in cooked macaroni.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until hot. Stir mixture and garnish with green pepper rings if desired. Serve immediately.
Nice take on one of my comfort foods. My grandmother also made a dish similar to this, but without the oregano, which is a nice touch. Instead of mixing the Parmesan in, I sprinkle it on top about halfway through the baking. A great side with meatloaf and very easy! Made for tag game at kittencalskitchen.com
So yum! My grandmother made something similar to this and I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane! I halved the recipe since hubby won't eat anything tomato and I really loved it! Thanks for posting! I'll be sure to make this again!
This is one of the easiest things I have ever put together, lol. Wow, I'm sending that one off to DD. Very tasty. Will make again, thanks for sharing :)