Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious recipe to use up any leftover turkey from the holidays! You can also make this using deli-sliced turkey. I have use provolone cheese in place of the mozza cheese. You can prepare these melts hours in advance, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Top Review by AKillian24
Did this for DH... he loves turkey, bacon and avocados, but I 'm don't think I've ever served them to him together, until now! He loved it! I used home made white bread (Per Request of DH) and very few onions (Another request) and it was a great blend.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or use a small amount of fresh minced garlic)
- black pepper
- 8 slices thick white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- 8 slices tomatoes (sliced thin)
- 8 slices red onion rings, thinly sliced (can use more)
- 8 -12 slices cooked bacon
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- softened butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl stir together the avacado with mayonnaise and garlic until well combined; season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide and spread the mixture onto one side of the 4 bread slices.
- Top evenly with turkey slices, 1-2 tomato slices, 1-2 onion slices/rings, 2-3 bacon slices and lastly the mozza cheese slices (1 or 2 slices).
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Carefully spread soft butter onto the outside of each sandwich.
- Place the buttered sandwiches on a baking sheet, then place a second baking sheet on top of the sandwiches.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Slice in half or into fourths.