This is a delicious recipe to use up any leftover turkey from the holidays! You can also make this using deli-sliced turkey. I have use provolone cheese in place of the mozza cheese. You can prepare these melts hours in advance, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or use a small amount of fresh minced garlic)
- black pepper
- 8 slices thick white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- 8 slices tomatoes (sliced thin)
- 8 slices red onion rings, thinly sliced (can use more)
- 8 -12 slices cooked bacon
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- softened butter
- 1In a bowl stir together the avacado with mayonnaise and garlic until well combined; season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Divide and spread the mixture onto one side of the 4 bread slices.
- 3Top evenly with turkey slices, 1-2 tomato slices, 1-2 onion slices/rings, 2-3 bacon slices and lastly the mozza cheese slices (1 or 2 slices).
- 4Top with remaining bread slices.
- 5Carefully spread soft butter onto the outside of each sandwich.
- 6Place the buttered sandwiches on a baking sheet, then place a second baking sheet on top of the sandwiches.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- 8Slice in half or into fourths.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Loaded Turkey Melts
Serving Size: 1 (1436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.7
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 1019.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 43.5 g