Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Dredge chicken breasts with flour.
- Melt the butter in a baking pan.
- Coat chicken on all sides with butter, turning skin side up if not skinless.
- Bake at 375 degrees, brushing with pan drippings for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon baste, mixing 1/3 cup lemon juice, minced onion, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and cumin.
- Brush chicken with the baste, and bake for at least 30 minutes longer or until done.
This was a great chicken dish! My family really enjoyed it. I was a little skeptical when I saw the ingredients, cumin, garlic,tyme and Lemon? It was great! The lemon flavor was subtle not overpowering as some lemon chicken can be. I would describe the flavor as savory. I cooked bone-in, skin removed chicken breast exactly as instructed. I removed the chicken from the pan and tossed some cooked Penne pasta in the sauce and then served the chicken on a bed of the sauced noodles. The kids loved it and my husband gave me a thumbs up. Thanks for a great recipe!