5 hrs 30 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
A luau favorite! Preheat oven to 350 degrees
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make several slashes on the surface of the pork butt.
- 2Rub with salt, then liquid smoke.
- 3Lay out 4 ti leaves on the aluminum foil.
- 4Place pork on leaves and wrap them around the pork.
- 5Cover with remaining leaves in the opposite direction until pork is completely wrapped.
- 6Fold the foil tightly around the pork to make a watertight seal.
- 7Place in a large roasting pan filled with two inches of water and cover pan tightly with foil.
- 8Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- 9Then lower temperature to 325°; cook until tender (about 3 to 3-1/2 hours).
- 10Unwrap pork from package and shred before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Kalua Pork
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.3
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hawaiian sea salt