Recipe by BeckyF
This recipe comes from a recipe book called "Kona on My Plate". It serves well with a salad called DaKine Macaroni Salad (also from "Kona on My Plate").
- 4 -5 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon hawaiian sea salt or 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shoyu or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3 ti leaves, washed and trimmed (available at some local ethnic markets)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix salt, Worcestershire sauce, shoyu, ginger, garlic and liquid smoke.
- Place pork roast on ti leaves.
- Rub pork roast with marinade and let stand 1 hour.
- Fold ti leaves over to enclose pork, then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place in roasting pan and bake in a preheated 325F oven for four to five hours until done.
- Unwrap, shred and serve.