Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in the 1984 Southern Living Annual Recipes. It is delicious. The rice comes out nice and creamy and the tomatoes and green chilies give it just a little kick. I made it spicier by using hot smoked sausage.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained and chopped (I used Ro-tel)
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb fresh uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and shrimp.
- Cover and bake another 20 minutes or until rice is done.