Recipe by Queen Puff
Made these inspired by Pioneer Woman and they were soooo yummy. Love that you can make so many variations and I think the #1 trick is them being in the oven and all that yumminess melting together! Small Hawaiian rolls would also work really well with these. The mayonnaise can be substituted for melted butter as well.
- 12 sandwich buns
- 1 lb ham, shaved (or turkey or roast beef)
- 1 lb provolone cheese (or Swiss, Mozarella, or Cheez Whiz)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons onions, grated and drained on paper towels (or 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dressing ingredients and spread on top and/or bottom of buns, spooning over tops as well, if you like.
- Add ham.
- Add cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich in a square foil.
- Bake on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until dressing is melted and buns are slightly crusty or cook in crock pot 4 hours on low.
- Can keep in fridge until ready to bake.