Top Review by heatherhopecs
Wow, these were great!! I doubled the recipe and cut each hot dog/bun in half before adding the chili and cheese. This allowed folks to try the hot dogs w/o committing to a whole one... worked well for my Superbowl party. I cooked these in a foil pan so I could put the whole thing directly in the chafing dish tray and that worked well. I used Wolf brand no-beans chili and the resulting hot dogs tasted great... my guests devoured them up.
- 8 hot dog buns
- sweet relish
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili (can sub homemade)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a piece of foil on the bottom of a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Line inside of hot dog buns with mayonnaise and sweet relish.
- Evenly add mustard.
- Fill with hot dogs, placing each side-by-side in the baking pan.
- Top hot dogs with chili, cheese and diced onion.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the pan with a spatula.