Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I loved Foiled Hot Dogs so much that it landed in my best of 2010 cookbook...so good with its crispy bun. This kicks it up a notch and is a great budget meal with easy clean up. Multiply to serve a crowd.
- 8 hot dog buns
- sweet relish
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili (can sub homemade)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- Place a piece of foil on the bottom of a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Line inside of hot dog buns with mayonnaise and sweet relish.
- Evenly add mustard.
- Fill with hot dogs, placing each side-by-side in the baking pan.
- Top hot dogs with chili, cheese and diced onion.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the pan with a spatula.
Wow, these were great!! I doubled the recipe and cut each hot dog/bun in half before adding the chili and cheese. This allowed folks to try the hot dogs w/o committing to a whole one... worked well for my Superbowl party. I cooked these in a foil pan so I could put the whole thing directly in the chafing dish tray and that worked well. I used Wolf brand no-beans chili and the resulting hot dogs tasted great... my guests devoured them up.
The whole family enjoyed these dogs. The ones squished in the middle came out doughy don't know if it was the buns or something I did. I will use my own chili as it was too salty with canned. Thank you so much for making dogs tasty.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe !! It was super easy and so was the clean up. The buns were toasted and the cheesy was melty. It was delicious ! Thank you for the recipe !