1/3 Photos of Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
Cucina Casalingo's Note:
For a great homemade Reuben sandwich, make a quick "sauerkraut" by simmering bagged coleslaw with vinegar and sugar, and replace overly sweet Russian dressing with a simple blend of mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Oven-grilling allows you to cook the sandwiches all at once (and without turning them) rather than cooking them in batches on the stovetop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position, place baking sheet on rack, and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Bring vinegar and sugar to boil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar; add coleslaw, cover, and cook, tossing occasionally, until coleslaw is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove lid and simmer until liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Combine mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl.
- 4Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each bread slice.
- 5Layer 1 slice cheese, 1/2 cup coleslaw, 1/4 pound corned beef, and 1 slice cheese on top of bread slice.
- 6Top with second slice of bread and compress sandwich with your hands.
- 7Repeat to make three more sandwiches.
- 8Brush tops and bottoms of sandwiches with melted butter.
- 9Transfer sandwiches to preheated baking sheet. Bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.7
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 2118.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 43.5 g