Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
MMM! Recipe clipped from Grocery ad
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- COMBINE brown sugar, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar blend are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- TRIM chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
- COMBINE garlic, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange chicken slit-side-up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT broiler, or prep grill.
- BROIL or GRILL chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown.