Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little work but you'll be rewarded with every bite you take of this succulent chicken, highly seasoned and glazed with rum and coffee.
- 78.07 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml dark rum
- 1 lime, juice of
- 14.79 ml butter
- 9.85 ml ginger, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml instant coffee granules
- 0.59 ml ground allspice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- COMBINE sugar, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- TRIM chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
- COMBINE garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange slit side up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT broiler.
- BROIL chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown.
This was fantastic! I cut down the sugar and salt, and added extra virgin olive oil instead of butter to the glaze. (I added the oil after boiling the other ingredients). I served the chicken with some lime wedges, and it was even better with the extra lime juice. I was looking for something different from the same old boring chicken recipes I've been making, and this was it! Thanks so much!!!
This is an amazing way to make chicken! My hole family adored this for dinner and we have made it three times now. Thank you so much for a great treat! It was well worth the work.