1/1 Photo of Oven Glazed Caribbean Chicken
A little work but you'll be rewarded with every bite you take of this succulent chicken, highly seasoned and glazed with rum and coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1COMBINE sugar, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2TRIM chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
- 3COMBINE garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange slit side up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4PREHEAT broiler.
- 5BROIL chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Glazed Caribbean Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 479.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 27.7 g