Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is to die for. Tangy and tasty. Time does not include standing time
Make and share this Oven German Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1182.95 ml cooked potatoes, slices
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 8 slice bacon
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml water (I use the potato cooking liquid)
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- Fry bacon till crisp, drain and crumble.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp of drippings.
- Boil poatoes whole till almost done,just slightly undercook.
- During last 5 minutes add celery slices to potatoes.
- When potatoes reach desired doneness, drain and set aside.
- Put celery slices in a casserole.
- Slice potatoes and add to casserole.
- Add bacon to casserole.
- Combine sugar, corstarch, dry mustard, celery seed & salt in small bowl.
- Add Onion, Water, lemon juice & cider vinegar to bacon drippings.
- Stir in sugar /cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till it boils and thickens.
- Pour over Potato mixture.
- Let stand for an hour or more to blend flavours.
- Bake at 350F for 30 -40 minutes.
This recipe received a "this is really good" comment from my husband. Nothing left to say. :)