Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In this recipe, prepared in the oven, the egg whites puff up as nicely as a souffle.
Make and share this Oven Frittata With Broccoli and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli (fresh, or frozen and defrosted, or use any veggie of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 8 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or 1/4 cup egg sub)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- in a large oven-proof nonstick skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and whole eggs with Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- Gently pour egg mixture over mixture in skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until eggs are almost set on top. (Watch closely).
- Turn on broiler and finish cooking for 3 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.