In this recipe, prepared in the oven, the egg whites puff up as nicely as a souffle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli (fresh, or frozen and defrosted, or use any veggie of choice)
- 1/2 cup mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 8 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or 1/4 cup egg sub)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2in a large oven-proof nonstick skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the broccoli, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 4In a bowl, beat egg whites and whole eggs with Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- 5Gently pour egg mixture over mixture in skillet.
- 6Place skillet in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until eggs are almost set on top. (Watch closely).
- 7Turn on broiler and finish cooking for 3 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- 8Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Frittata With Broccoli and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g