Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve frites plain or with ketchup, mayonnaise or malt vinegar. From Martha Stewart.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place a heavy-duty baking sheet in the oven.
- Scrub and rinse potatoes.
- Cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide batons.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When baking sheet is hot, about 15 minutes, remove from oven and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place prepared potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer. Return to oven, and bake until potatoes are golden on the bottom, about 30 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and continue cooking until golden all over, another 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Frites were lovely. Nicely browned on the outside and soft centered. I did them with "No Oil" spray in place of Olive oil & added a sprinkle of Cajun "Hot" spice. Loved the fries
I wouldn't call these frites. When I hear the word frites I think of the famous double-fried french fries known as pomme frites or Belgian fries that are soft on the inside and crunch on the outside. These are simply french fries baked with olive oil, salt and pepper.