Recipe by LMillerRN
Serve frites plain or with ketchup, mayonnaise or malt vinegar. From Martha Stewart.
Top Review by Bergy
The Frites were lovely. Nicely browned on the outside and soft centered. I did them with "No Oil" spray in place of Olive oil & added a sprinkle of Cajun "Hot" spice. Loved the fries
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place a heavy-duty baking sheet in the oven.
- Scrub and rinse potatoes.
- Cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide batons.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When baking sheet is hot, about 15 minutes, remove from oven and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place prepared potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer. Return to oven, and bake until potatoes are golden on the bottom, about 30 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and continue cooking until golden all over, another 15 minutes. Serve immediately.