- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks (about 4 medium)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°F Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 7-10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray.
- Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot.