Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serves 8 - delicious and a great way to use up the bounty of Zucchini from your garden.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, Italian style
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch thick slices; set aside. Combine egg substitute & Italian dressing in a small bowl; stir well. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper in a small bowl; stir well. Dip zucchini in egg mixture; dredge in bread crumb mixture. Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475*F for 5 minutes; turn & bake additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
I used real eggs more crumbs and salt, but they are very tasty I think the Italian dressing makes these Thank you for posting I will be making often
This was a tasty side but I used more of the dressing in the, for me, egg white and added a pretty fair amount of garlic powder and a sprinkle of Half Salt to the crumbs. I'm not sure that I'd call them chips because they softened instead of crisping, at least thats true of the zucchini. The bread crumb coating was delicious and a wonderful idea.
I used 1 large egg and I added dried oregano to plain breadcrumbs. I think more parmesan would be better. Very easy to do. Even my son who doesn't like zucchini ate some of these. Thanks Rachael's Kitchen :) Made for TYM tag game