Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so tasty. Points 1.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 2 tablespoons commercial reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices; set aside.
- Combine egg substitute and Italian dressing in a small bowl, stir well.
- Combine bread crumbs,
- Parmesan cheese and pepper in a small bowl; stir well.
- Dip zucchini in egg mixture, dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 5 minutes, turn and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
I'd give these more stars if I could. We love them and make them regularly. They take a bit of time to prepare, but well worth the effort!
Yummy! Summer is here and the gardens are overflowing. Wanted something different from my usual steam or saute without using a lot of points. This was perfect. I used an egg white in lieu of the egg substitute and it worked just fine. Nice crispy coating, good flavor and tender squash. Served mine with a 0-point fresh tomato-basil bruschetta topping. Thanks.
Yummy! We dipped these in ranch dressing and they were delicious! The only thing I did differently was use egg whites instead of the egg substitute. These would work well as an appetizer (with the ranch dressing as dip), or as a side dish. Thanks Dancer!