Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick coating.
- Set aside.
- In a 9-inch pie plate stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and paprika until well mixed.
- In a medium mixing bowl place the vegetable slices.
- Drizzle vegetables with salad dressing; toss until coated.
- Place the coated vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake vegetables in a 450 degree oven for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
I've made this recipe a bunch of times since I first saw it in Better Homes & Garden magazine. That recipe calls for cauliflower instead of the red pepper, but its good either way or with both. As Shahana noted, the recipe is missing a step. Step 5 of this recipe should also say "Then, roll vegetables in crumb mixture until coated". Also I use them with different dipping sauces since they are more like appetizer pieces. Thanks for sharing.
This is excellent. Right amount of crispy and flavor. I left out the dressing and added a few more italian spices.
These were quite good taste but the recipe is missing a step. It doesn't say when the breading is put on the vegetables. I did after glazing with the dressing but not particularly sucessful. I also found that I had to put them under the broiler to brown.