Recipe by WhoMe40
Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes
Top Review by Bergy
Flavor loaded healthy recipe. I used thyme and didn't use any salt. I wasn't sure if you meant to cut the potato longways or across. As you can see I cut it in half across. The slices were cooked perfectly in 15 minutes. Served with Haddock filet, sweet peas and asparagus Lovely dinner that will be repeated. 28 Feb 2010 Made again used a bit of both Marjoram & Thyme - We love them
- 5 lbs sweet potatoes (12 to 15 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half across the middle, then cut the halves lengthwise into 1/4-inch- thick slices.
- Put the slices into a bowl and spray well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the marjoram or thyme, salt and pepper.
- Toss several times to coat the slices with Pam and seasonings.
- Spread the slices evenly in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, then turn the slices and bake until slightly crisped and tender, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Scoop the hot slices back into the bowl.