Recipe by Mirj
When we first got married my husband wouldn't go near sweet potatoes. Now he asks me to specifically make these for him.
Top Review by Lorac
Mirjam you are truely Zaar's sweet potato Maven ! The roasting intensifies the sweet potato flavor so that it is the perfect foil for the black and cayenne pepper. The garlic adds another layer of flavor and a bit of crunch. Next time I think I'll add a bit of rosemary and serve it with lamb, then maybe thyme, for a roast beef _ how about some sage with pork and then ------
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 2.46 ml coarse black pepper
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into thin wedges.
- Pile them in a bowl and cover them with cold water.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with vegetable spray.
- Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them with paper towels.
- Press the potatoes with paper towels to remove all water.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with oil, tossing the potatoes to disburse it.
- Then sprinkle with pepper, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Bake the potatoes at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Turn over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with garlic and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Serve immediately.