When we first got married my husband wouldn't go near sweet potatoes. Now he asks me to specifically make these for him.
- Cut the potatoes into thin wedges.
- Pile them in a bowl and cover them with cold water.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with vegetable spray.
- Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them with paper towels.
- Press the potatoes with paper towels to remove all water.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with oil, tossing the potatoes to disburse it.
- Then sprinkle with pepper, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Bake the potatoes at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Turn over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with garlic and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Serve immediately.
Mirjam you are truely Zaar's sweet potato Maven ! The roasting intensifies the sweet potato flavor so that it is the perfect foil for the black and cayenne pepper. The garlic adds another layer of flavor and a bit of crunch. Next time I think I'll add a bit of rosemary and serve it with lamb, then maybe thyme, for a roast beef _ how about some sage with pork and then ------
Very tasty!! Loved the flavour & tenderness. I will be more attentive to making the fries the same size next time - I had a little trouble with some burning before others were cooked thoroughly.
5 star all the way - We loved this recipe. Nice & peppy served with a juicy burger. Thanks Mirj for a lovely addition to our Saturday night dinner 3 July 10 Made again and enjoyed just as much!