1/5 Photos of Oven-Fried Sweet Potato Fries
Galley Wench's Note:
I've tried several recipe but was never able to obtain a crispy exterior, so started experimenting! I've found that yellow sweet potatoes work better than yams. Don't crowd them, otherwise you'll have soggy fries! Time indicated does not include soak time for the potatoes. The roasting time may vary with thickness of potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1At least 30 minutes prior place sliced potatoes in bowl and cover with water.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Line cookie sheet(s) with aluminum foil (makes clean-up a snap). Use two cookie sheets if necessary . . . for crisp potatoes they need lots of space, so don't crowd!
- 4Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- 5Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- 6Return potatoes to (dry) bowl and drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- 7Sprinkle with paprika, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar; toss to coat.
- 8Place on prepared cookie sheets; again, DO NOT CROWD, use two sheets if necessary!
- 9Roast, turning the potatoes every 10 minutes, until potatoes are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes. If using two cookie sheets, alternate the pans after 10 minutes!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Sweet Potato Fries
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 385.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g