I've tried several recipe but was never able to obtain a crispy exterior, so started experimenting! I've found that yellow sweet potatoes work better than yams. Don't crowd them, otherwise you'll have soggy fries! Time indicated does not include soak time for the potatoes. The roasting time may vary with thickness of potatoes!
- At least 30 minutes prior place sliced potatoes in bowl and cover with water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line cookie sheet(s) with aluminum foil (makes clean-up a snap). Use two cookie sheets if necessary . . . for crisp potatoes they need lots of space, so don't crowd!
- Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Return potatoes to (dry) bowl and drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar; toss to coat.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets; again, DO NOT CROWD, use two sheets if necessary!
- Roast, turning the potatoes every 10 minutes, until potatoes are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes. If using two cookie sheets, alternate the pans after 10 minutes!