Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from Woman's Day.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken legs (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- wooden toothpick
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Lightly coat rimmed baking sheet and small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat 1 cup water, onion, celery, butter and poultry seasoning in a large saucepan until butter melts.
- Stir in stuffing mix and toss with fork until moistened.
- In a large plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Loosen skin on chicken legs, starting at thigh end to middle of drumstick.
- Mound 1/2 cup stuffing under skin and fasten skin with toothpicks.
- Drop legs, 2 at a time, into bag of flour; close and shake until evenly coated.
- Place legs, skin side up, on baking sheet.
- Place remaining stuffing in baking dish, sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of water and cover tightly.
- Bake chicken 30 to 35 minutes; add stuffing dish after 15 minutes.