2 hrs 15 mins
Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches are a big deal where I come from, however, greasy, deep fried food is no longer an appealing prospect for me. When I get homesick I begin to think about the comfort foods of my hometown in Ohio. I think this sandwich would make them proud!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, Kosher
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, thin, boneless, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 5 3/4 ounces hot and spicy shake-and-bake
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 hamburger buns, Wonder, seeded
- 4 tomatoes, slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 8 bread and butter pickles, chopped
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise, Hellman's, Best Foods
- 1In a freezer bag or a non-reactive 13x9 glass baking dish, combine buttermilk, cayenne, black pepper and Kosher salt.
- 2Place a loin chop between two sheets of plastic wrap or in a gallon size freezer bag. Using a SMOOTH meat mallet or a rolling pin, pound the meat until it is 1/8 in thick. Repeat with remaining loin chops.
- 3Place the 1/2 cup of self rising flour in a paper plate. Dredge each pounded chop in the flour and pat off excess leaving a very thin coating. Place each floured chop in the buttermilk. Cover and marinate in the fridge 2 hours, up to overnight.
- 4Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- 5Mix 1 hot and spicy Shake Bake packet with the 1/2 cup of Panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs) on a paper plate.
- 6Pull marinating chops from the fridge. One by one, allow as much of the excess marinade to drip off as possible. Dredge chops in the Shake and Bake/Panko crumbs. Place chops on a baking/cooling rack, or a sheet pan, that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- 7Place chops in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, chop bread and butter pickles and mix with the mayonnaise. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mayo on each side of the buns. Place one tomato slice on the bottom of each bun slice and sprinkle lightly with cracked pepper and Kosher salt. Place one chop on the tomato and finish with the top bun. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Spicy Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.1
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 2152.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot and spicy shake-and-bake