Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the McClellanville Coast Seafood cookbook.-Marsha Purvis
Make and share this Oven-Fried Shrimp With Pecan Coating recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dark beer
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, fine, dry seasoned
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb shrimp, medium, peeled, deveined
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a rack large enough to hold shrimp in a single layer. Put the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, beer, egg white, and 1/4 t salt until creamy and smooth. In a second bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pecans, pepper, paprika, and remaining 1/4 t salt.
- Dip shrimp in the bread crumb/pecan mixture, then the egg mixture, and again in the bread crumb/pecan mixture. Set the shrimp on the prepared rack so that they do not touch. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown on the outsde and opaque in the center. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.