Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great low carb Asian inspired fish dish. Halibut is low in fat and a great source of protein. This recipe was first published in Muscle & Fitness Aug 2005
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Place fillets in a shallow baking dish. Pour teriyaki sauce over fish. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine sesame seeds with flour and pepper.
- Dip each fillet in the flour/sesame mixture.
- Spray a non stick baking pan with the cooking spray and place fillets on the pan in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the top of each fillet with cooking spray.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Fish is ready when it flakes when pricked with a fork.
this was very good. i use Swai fish filets and matzo meal instead of flour, but it was great for DH who had Bariatric surgery and does not want to eat a lot of carbs. Definitely a keeper. Thanks
This was a tasty dish. I followed the instructions (put the fish in the sauce to marinate in the morning) and I did put my fish on a greased rack in a little oven pan to get it a little more crispy. This was simple and easy. Thank you for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs tag game.