Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just another version of oven fried potatoes, but it is a delicious one.
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut each potato in 6-8 wedges, depending on size.
- Place in a plastic bag, add garlic and spices, and shake to coat.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and shake again.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet, and transfer potatoes to sheet.
- Drizzle oil and herbs remaining in bag over potatoes, keeping as much as possible on the potatoes.
- Place in a preheated 400degF oven, turning as necessary, and bake until soft on the inside and browned and crisp on the outside.
- If fixing with Breaded Lamb Chops (separate recipe), place in oven while it preheats and all of the time while the lamb chops bake.
These turned out really well. I cut mine in cubes and cooked for approximately 40 minutes. I will have to generously salt them before hand next time I make them.
I don't use chopped rosemary but just lay about 3 3-inch sprigs in the pan. (I stir the potatoes midway and the leaves are off the stems, so I pull them out then.) Being lazy, I just throw some refrigerated minced garlic in the mix rather than peeling and chopping my own. I also toss in about 1/4 C. seasoned italian breadcrumbs. For the olive oil I use the roasted garlic olive oil from Costco. In my oven, it takes about 40 minutes at 400 degrees: we like them crispy. Easy and delicious!
These are great potatoes and if you watch the oil, can be friendly to your calorie counting effort. I love the aroma of the roasting garlic and rosemary! This is a keeper.