Recipe by Jesse&Rayye
My mother used to make this all the time. I changed it up and added a few things. It's a nice change from the basic oven rice recipe.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this today for our lunch and added some diced cooked chicken to the mixture along with some waterchestnuts, more onion, little garlic and celery with the other vegies. Very tasty and delicious. (I did cut the recipe in half for DH and I and there was plenty.) Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 2 cups rice (not instant!)
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While oven is heating, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place on middle rack in oven, and cook uncovered for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until rice is cooked and all water is absorbed.