Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is a tasty side-dish that goes real well with a good grilled steak.
Top Review by linguinelisa
I made these with onion powder and garlic salt instead of the granules and Parmesan instead of cheddar. We liked them but thought they had too much black pepper.......if I make them again I will cut the pepper in half.
- 2 large baking potatoes, washed,not peeled,and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide wedges or strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, lightly crushed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (for variation, about 4 oz) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- *I make up a big batch of the spice mixture and keep it in the cupboard until needed.
- Replace all of the dry spices with 1-2 Tbsp of the spice mix.
- Big Spice Batch: 2 Tbsp granulated garlic 2 Tbsp Lawrys seasoned salt 2 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper 2 Tbsp lemon-herb seasoning (preferred) or lemon-pepper 2 Tbsp Mrs Dash spice blend of your choice 4 Tbsp dehydrated onion flakes 4 Tbsp Italian seasoning, lightly crushed Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Rinse potatoes, and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Place potatoes in a large zip-top plastic bag, sprinkle with half of the spice mixture, and shake to coat.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, and repeat with remaining half of spice mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet so they do not touch.
- Drizzle with any oil and spices remaining in the bag.
- Place baking sheet in oven, and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring and turning after 10 and 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Variation: After potatoes finish baking, sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese and return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Note: The original recipe called for 1 Tsp garlic salt (which we replace with granulated garlic), 1 Tsp seasoned pepper (whatever that may be), 1 Tsp onion flakes, and 1 Tsp Italian seasoning.