Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have no idea where this recipe came from. All I know is--it's GOOD! Definitely worth making!
Make and share this Oven-Fried Potato Chips With Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Brush 2 large baking sheets with some oil or spray with PAM*.
- Peel the potatoes and slice very thin, using a mandoline or slicer. Immediately arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheets. Brush with remaining oil or spray with PAM*.
- Bake in the center of the oven until golden, 12--15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks while still hot.
- Sprinkle chips with thyme and salt to taste.
- Cool completely.
- Chips may be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Easy and tasty. I used olive oil and my slicer sliced them a bit thicker, so I had to use my convection setting to get them to crisp.
Made these the same week I tried microwave potato chips from this same site. The oven chips cooked unevenly and were far greasier than their microwave cousins. My vote goes to Uncle Bill's microwave chips, even though they're time-consuming (because only small batches fit into the microwave).
soooo yummy. i used seasoning salt before i put them in the oven and sprinkled shredded parm on top two minutes before they were done. fantastic! i love chips but ones from the store taste so greasy! i love that some are slightly more crunchy than others. keeper!