Recipe by Sydney Mike
Although it has been slightly modified, this recipe comes from the Quick & Easy Meals 2010 Cooking with Paula Dean cookbook.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These were very good chops! They came out crispy/crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. The only change I made was to use bone-in chops. Was super fast to make too so a big plus. Made for Newest Zaar.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 4 pork loin chops, boneless, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg whites & cornstarch until smooth.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the bread crumbs (panko), pecans, salt, rosemary & sage.
- Dip chops in egg white mixture to coat & then dredge each in the bread crumb mixture, pressing bread crumbs gently to adhere.
- In an oven proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat, then add chops & cook for 3 or 4 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in oven & bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is cooked through.