Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can also try this with boneless skinless chicken thighs or pork loin chops.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour 1/2 cup of the oil into a 9x13-inch baking dish and heat it in the hot oven for 10 minutes. Pound the chicken breast halves to an even thickness.
- Combine the remaining oil with the mustard, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl and mix well.
- Combine the pecans and cornmeal on a sheet of wax paper. Dip the chicken pieces in the seasoned oil and then in the nut mixture.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the chicken pieces in the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn with tongs and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.