Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very good chicken! And low fat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly coat with cooking spray a wire rack large enough to hold chicken in 1 layer; set rack in a jelly roll pan or roasting pan.
- Mix stuffing and pecans on a piece of waxed paper.
- Spread flour on another piece of waxed paper.
- Roll chicken in flour to coat, shaking off excess, then dip in egg white.
- Press in pecan mixture to coat well.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and place on rack.
- Bake 25 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned and no longer pink at center.
i thought it was pretty good. good flavor and nice crunch. the only thing was that when you place the chicken on the rack, some crumbs from the coating fall into the pan below. then when you are baking, those crumbs burn. my oven got all smoky, which was unpleasant.
My husband loved it. Which is the true test of anything new i try. I added dijon mustard to the chicken after if turned it, and it added a lot of flavor and smelled amazing. This is going in the must have file.
I made this for my boyfriend's birthday dinner when we'd only been dating a couple of months - he's a very good cook so I was nervous about fixing him something new for the first time. But this recipe, as easy as it is to prepare, also is a delicious, slightly different way to serve chicken. We both loved it and I would definitely make it again.