Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These low fat french fries fill the bill when you have a taste for french fries but don't want all the fat. From "Quick & Healthy - Volume II" WW Points = 3.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes, but don't peel.
- Cut in wedges or strips.
- Place potato slices in a plastic bag with the oil and shake well to coat potatoes evenly.
- In another plastic bag, mix seasonings.
- Add potatoes and shake to coat.
- Arrange potatoes, in a single layer, on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nice and crisp, and much tastier than any fry! I cut mine in planks to expose more of the surface to the flavoring. I also soaked them in cold water before preparing, to make them crisper. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
I LOVE this recipe. Reminds me of the seasoned curly fries you get at some fast food places. I doubled the garlic and cheese but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for a great recipe!