Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Originally from Southern Food I believe and a few changes along the way. Easy to prepare and always good. We serve with a roasted sweet potato fry and a tossed salad. Very good any time of the year!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened (or chicken steaks)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (buy a good quality cheese, and freshly grate it)
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional)
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter with minced garlic. Mix bread crumbs in a separate bowl with the parmesan cheese, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into melted garlic butter and roll into bread crumb mixture. Place breaded chicken in a 13 x 9 glass baking dish and bake @ 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve with sweet potato fries. Enjoy!
sally loved this chicken very easy very basic thank you for posting this recipe dang my recipe didnt have cooking time either lol drat those old recipes lol dee
great tasting and very easy. No fifth star only because there was no cooking temp. so I baked at 350... I did add the "optional" terragon.good, will make again