Recipe by designerchef in Chicagoland, Illinois
Originally from Southern Food I believe and a few changes along the way. Easy to prepare and always good. We serve with a roasted sweet potato fry and a tossed salad. Very good any time of the year!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened (or chicken steaks)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (buy a good quality cheese, and freshly grate it)
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter with minced garlic. Mix bread crumbs in a separate bowl with the parmesan cheese, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into melted garlic butter and roll into bread crumb mixture. Place breaded chicken in a 13 x 9 glass baking dish and bake @ 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve with sweet potato fries. Enjoy!